Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Sweetest Things


The Sweetest Things magnify

Last week I had a nasty bout of the so-called 'sugar rush'. Ate three donuts and drank a liter of my favorite bottled flavored-tea. Or is it flavored bottled-tea? Whatever it is called, it kicked me like crazy! By half the liter of my tea, I started to feel the pee coming, as how the tea always affects me. So I ran to the john's and saw the most shocking view in a month (or so) of my life. Sprinkles of water scattered all over the bathroom floor, walls, ceiling, cabinet, mirror, door. It was literally dripping wet. Everything inside was dripping. I have to lean on the wet wall to prevent myself from fainting. (Tsk!Tsk! OC- OC me!!!) Knowing that my son was the last one to use it, I took a deep breath and shouted for him to come over and put his ass where I can kick it. I started shouting really hard asking him if he tried to bathe the dog inside or smuggled a flock of ducks and tried to hide it in the bathroom. He was "deadma" as always. Looking sulked and ready to cry. I was about to cry myself. Shouting that loud made my throat itchy and hot. I finished the remaining tea in a gulp. (really!) And then it happened. (as if it haven't already). The sugar kicked in. My head started pounding hard and I could feel the palpitation coming. I tried to breath as normal as I could and grappled the nearest chair and sat there for a while, or maybe an hour or even several thunder-stormy mornings. Can't really remember. I just sat there and saw my entire life rushed before my wide-shut eyes. Well, maybe not! Then, I saw my son stole that opportunity to run for cover and left me there thinking......damn those ducks!!!

Written : Wednesday August 15, 2007 - 01:52am